Total Pageviews

Monday, August 1, 2011

8/1 Wow! 3 miles/Strength training. Benny Training

First off...still can't believe where my summer has gone. So caught up in life that time and events of my daily ins and outs take over and there has been so much that I've lost in the beginning of summer so caught up in....um....personal stuff that it was all a bit of a blur. It's always this part of Summer where I buckle down and Enjoy the last few weeks of FREEDOM! It has been pleasant and nice to not worry about school. My personal self growing stronger on the inside and trying to change myself physically on the outside!

Today I was supposed to run 3 miles per Hal. I decided to split up the miles and hit up a switch up between cardio and muscle strength training for a bit of muscle confusion in hopes it will propel my metabolism to the next level to help burn these last couple of pounds.

So here's how it all went down today!

1/4 mile warm up
1 mile sprint in 7:41 pace
15 lb arm curls on each arm x10
15 lb arm raise over each head x10
15 lb arm curls on each arm x10 in different position
1 mile Sprint in 7:20 pace...........BOOM!
65 lb ab crunches for one min (30 total)
50 lb ab crunches for another minute (30 total)
15 lb arm curls each arm x10
15 lb arm raise over each head x10
1 mile sprint in 7:41 pace
65 lbs obliques each side x10
50 lbs leg extension x20
50 lb ab crunches for one minute (30 total)
15 lb arm curls on each arm x...kill!

There you have it :)

HAPPY AND STRONG TODAY..IN AND OUT ♥


Today's Work-out Song dedication will be Lady Antebellum's NEED YOU NOW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM213aMKTHg


Weight: 159.5 (-2.5lbs) Swoosh bye bye water weight!

Water yesterday: 86oz

Calories in yesterday: 2200 (Twins b-day cake...yum!

Food Yesterday: FlaxSeed Oatmeal with chia, 2.5egg, high fiber English muffin, chobani greek yogurt, 1 cup of fresh cherries, 2 nuggets (thanks peeps, haha) 1 cheeseburger, 1/4 cup of mac salad, 1/4 cup of potato salad (Family BBQ) BIG slice of cake YUM! , salty pretzels last night! Electrolyte recovery drink.

Lastly I took Benny my Golden Retriever out for a walk last night. I ran him as part of his new training to run a 5k with me. We walked/run 3/4th a mile with just two 1 minute breaks. Much, Much better this second time around! The only time he tripped me up was when he saw some cyclists and wanted to run to them, so I stopped and had him sit and gave him a pet while they rode away! Very proud of him...this Dog is a Great Runner! Going to be Great Running with him! I'll run him again in a couple of days...aiming at just 3 days a week for right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment