Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Quadruple Crazy!

I made plans yesterday to spend today as a hard core work-out day!

1 hour Spin Class: Made a call out to my spin instructor that I was taking her class this morning and she said she would bring her "A" game. Boy was she right. She KILLED MY QUADS today! 8 is great and 9 was not so fine! lmao. Dig, dig, dig and my knee sorta mad at me from push pulling so much! Hardcore! loved it.

Pilates Class: I love Pilates, I don't do it enough lately and when I do I see my progression from starting this cross train from last fall. I am so strong, my core is strong now! I love that! Kick ass 45min!

2o min weights: Arm curls with 15lb weights till burn-out, pushups

6 mile run: 9:20 pace. Outside: Hot, Dry , super Dry Sun! 85 degrees and my core was so hurting after mile 2 from this mornings core session and probably yesterdays ab burn-out session. I was hurting and this was not side stitch pain, this is whole core ache. This just shows again how important core work is to your running. It's fundamental! Consistent pace through-out. No positive/negative splits, so I'm happy with that. Not impressed with the pace for my effort level.

1/2 mile Puppy Run: Dog just about killed my left foot today, psycho puppy darted off for no reason and just about tripped me and I was secretly furious at him because I don't know why he did that. I made him sit and look at me. Walked back home. My left foot got twisted up....made me think instantly A: I don't want to train him till after Marathon if he is going to trip me B: I am going to start running him at night only because he is not that acclimated to the super busy 4 lane state rt that I live on and the noise and activity makes him super hyper!

I know I'm sorta crazy for all this work-out. There are two things going on. One is stepping up the cardio to build endurance, propel me past this weight loss plateau as I minimize calories to 1000daily and cycle back up and rest before my Half Marathon Sunday.

Secondly...I'm sorta just engulfing my heart and mind into myself lately in desperate need to just get lost in the only thing in my life that I have total control of. Better than eating and feeling like a lazy fat ass, I was that person for far too long!

Today's Run Song will be an oldie but goodie I heard on the radio this morning
Richard Marx- Right here waiting

Oceans apart day after day
And I slowly go insane
I hear your voice on the line
But it doesn't stop the pain

If I see you next to never
How can we say forever

Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you

I took for granted, all the times
That I though would last somehow
I hear the laughter, I taste the tears
But I can't get near you now

Oh, can't you see it baby
You've got me goin' CrAzY

Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you

I wonder how we can survive
This romance
But in the end if I'm with you
I'll take the chance

Oh, can't you see it baby
You've got me goin' cRaZy

No comments:

Post a Comment