Total Pageviews

Monday, August 15, 2011

Home-Made Turkey MeatBall Sub w/sauce

One of the best parts about Facebook has been the great friendships I have made with some really great people that love some of the same things I do! Great Food and Great Running Times!!!

My Friend Vicki posted a Great Yummy looking Meatball Sub Recipe and I thought I'd tweak that to make it my own and play around with my sauce.

Here is what I got!




Turkey Meatballs:

1 lb lean ground turkey
slice of chopped onion
1tlbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1 egg white
1 tblsp parsley chopped
pinch of pepper
pinch of sea salt
roasted red pepper flakes

I put some olive oil in my stainless steel and fried up my balls!

Sauce:
2 fresh tomato's chopped
1 can of all natural no salt sauce
1 tblsp of minced garlic
1 tblsp of chopped parsley
1 tsp of Oregano
sea salt
pepper
tsp of sugar (oh please don't shoot me...me love a sweet sauce!)
pinch of garlic powder
pinch of onion flakes

Toss this baby onto a whole wheat roll and Wa-La! Yum, Yum, Yum!

Throw a fresh veggie on the side and fruit and you have an amazing filling meal!

Just for the Meatball sub (4 meatballs/sauce/bun)
350 calories
31 carbs
12 fat
30 protein

No comments:

Post a Comment