Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Turkey Meatball Noodle Soup

This is a borrowed stock phot- the difference between my soup and this one picture wise- was my whole wheat noodles :)
You know- Winter Running and Soups they just go together :)
You can't go wrong with soup to warm up your insides after a cooler Fall/Winter Run.
The Sodium and electrolyte replacement is beneficial and the protein and carb recovery are a perfect balance for the muscles to Restore and Repair itself ♥
You all know I am all about easy and quick and this recipe much like most is just picked from the pantry- stocked full of wholesome goodness.
Low Sodium Organic Chicken Broth
lean turkey breast
carrots
green beans
oregano
sea salt
pepper
whole wheat noodles
egg white
Anutra or flax seeds (optional)
whole wheat bread crumbs
grated parm cheese
Prepare your meatballs-
I took a 1/2 lbs of ground lean turkey breast and mashed in an egg white, sprinkled in ground flax seed - about 1-2tbsp (I used Anutra actually) then sprinkled in some whole wheat bread crumbs to absorb moisture of the meatball so it can cook best. I cooked them in a skillet with a pinch of olive oil and browned them thoroughly.
In a stock pan I added a box of Organic low sodium broth, chopped carrots and 1/2 bag of cooked whole wheat noodles ( I cooked and drained them first before adding to the stock)
Pinch of oregano, sea salt, pepper
Added the meatballs and 'wa'la - Yummy! Delicious, Healthy!
We all added some grated Parmesan cheese to the top of our soup for added Fun :)
I am such a fan of all things soup lately- they are so easy to make- very honestly have fun with it- stock and veggies and some leans meats if you wish- some whole grains and really the ideas are just endless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment