Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 15, 2012

No Sugar Added Oatmeal Coconut Cookies




This Pic is Borrowed :) But they look like this if you mold them!
I found this recipe and I was inspired to do my own spin of it. I doubled the recipe- omitted and added ingredients and then I baked them. To My Surprise they were Really Tasty. What was Fantastic is that I found a way to create this without adding any 'sugar' (now the main ingredients are all sugar/ carbs....but nothing 'extra')

This Yielded 2 1/2 dozen cookies
3 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup of raisins
2 cups of coconut
3-4 mashed bananas
1/2 cup Almond Milk
tbsp of cinnamon
tbsp of vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
you can add nuts if you wish-
I then added a few tbsp of flax meal for some nutrients
Take all your dry- blend together
I pureed the bananas with some almond milk - added it to the dry mix- and stir- shape and drop or you can use a round small cookie cutter to shape and mold them pretty like in this picture!


The original recipe I saw had oils and other spices, totally not necessary!
These are simply Clean Cookies :)

You can experiment and add nuts - maybe a little more banana- and you know- I fantasized about adding some dark chocolate mini morsels to this!
Bake at 350 till brown - the more banana you put in- the longer it will take to bake!

Great Carbs for Running- some Omegas with the flax- some protein and the banana offers in the potassium which is great for muscle function.

No comments:

Post a Comment