Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Left-Over Turkey Taco Soup



Lots of left-over turkey. Been eating turkey for days. Before I freeze the last bag of it, I thought I'd use some of it. So threw this together :)


1tbsp of healthy oil

1 - 1.5 cups of corn

1 can of diced tomato's- or I did about 10-15 diced Cherry tomato's

1 can of garbanzo or pinto beans *rinse gets rid of extra sodium*

1. oz of taco seasoning

32 oz low sodium chicken broth

1 cup of leftover turkey *or more if you want*


Skillet-


tbsp of olive oil, toss in 1 cup of corn, some diced tomato (I had leftover going wrinkly organic cherry tomato's so I was thrilled to use them instead of chuck them!) 1 can of Garbanzo Beans - it's what I had in the Pantry- then I sprinkled on the taco seasoning stirred it all together, added 32oz of low sodium chicken broth, let it all boil then added my turkey and let it simmer. That's it! Delish!


Oh and just cause I've discovered I love cheese alot now- I sprinkled some sharp cheese over the top and let it melt in- So Good!


231 calories *without cheese*

6 grams of fat

6 gram of carbs

25 grams protein

4 fiber



*** For Yummy'ness you can toss some Organic Corn Tortilla chips next to it and dip into the soup!! I always buy organic tortilla's it's not much more and the oils used on these products are healthy oils and not hydrogenated and they are often very gentle on the use of salt***







No comments:

Post a Comment