Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 9- MRI Update

Day 9 of our challenge.

I went to bed just feeling very worn out and tired, a tad lethargic.

I woke up feeling the exact same way. I went to bed early at 9:30p and woke up at 7am. So I had plenty of sleep.

Just one of those times in my life where things feel like they are in a standstill.
Life is good but there seems to be something missing in my life. I'm not sure if I can explain it. Maybe it's dramas/troubles. Maybe I have this threshold for bullshit that when it's absent from my life I feel like it I'm waiting for another shoe to drop.

It's good that I'm feeling this way. Perhaps it shows everyone else out there in the world that despite being active and fit and healthy with my eating/weight that the same things that could push me into binging and getting complacent are the same as most peoples. I am a strong woman full of emotions. I'm highly strung when I love something so much. I'm highly attached with extra-ordinary expectations when I value something so much.

I feel sorta sad and a little lonely. Even though I can have endless love from my kids and can ask the runnerboy for attention, I still feel like a little lonely. That's ok.

I hit the gym today with no desire to spin/pilates which I had planned. I felt lost so I sorta just tried to find my place in the gym because I can't get on the treadmill and I wanted to avoid using my knee at all.

I'm tired but I'm there. I have not rested in 5 days and I have NO desire to work-out. But I decide to just get my tunes in my ear and just let me get in there and just surrender myself to what I know.

20lbs arm curls routine- which I've never shared what that looks like I'll make an extra blog post about that so you all can work on your arms!


2 sets of 20lb arm curl routine

run the halls 2x

climb 4 flights of stairs

run the halls 2x

30 ab crunches on the mat

run the halls 2x

20lbs arm curl set

run the halls 2x

climb 8 flights of stairs

2min ab crunches on the mat

1min medicine ball ab crunch on the mat

run the halls 2x

20lb arm curl

run the halls 2x

climb 4 flights of stairs

3min ab crunches on the mat

2min of medicine ball on the mat

run the halls 2x

20lb arm curl set

I would say this all in all was about 45min of cardio/weight lift intervals


MRI *Update*

I got my phone call.

I am happy to report that it's nothing detrimental. It's not a meniscus tear!!

However, I do have tendonitis in my knee.

I will have to go through physical therapy. I'm not all convinced that I need that. I'm thinking I need to quit being stubborn and I need to RICE this injury for at least a week.

Now bare with me cause I'm just hours coming off this news but I'm thinking I want to take an entire week off my right leg (but after a run tmrw, lmao....hey it's suppose to be an odd 70degree fall day!!) then I have boxing. So I may run to my boxing session and then take my week off from all cardio on the right leg.
This is HARD for me. I'm not entirely sure I can handle one week without using my legs. I would lift, I would box but I would avoid all bending of the knee!

Thanks for all the support and listening to my rants about my running. My first thought when I heard the news was Relief. I can run for life still and I will be back...sooner than later! I just need to take care of myself better by resting!

I just wonder if my brain/heart can handle that.

I Know I wrote that blog a couple weeks ago about letting go of Running. I never wanted to let go. I still don't. I want it for life. I just get so afraid and I prepare myself mentally for what I fear could be an inevitable. I suppose that I do that alot in my life- and NO I'm not talking about running. It's one thing that Running has taught me. That when I run, I run through my fears. But in Life- I'm so afraid of Love, connecting and ultimately getting hurt. I've had my share and especially this year....my heart was broken and I'm not sure when I'll actually ever heal. It's the one thing that saved me- Running. So the last couple of weeks have been hard for me. I've had to cope without the one thing in my life that helped me the most.

What I wished for right now- A Great 15 mile run.
For Now I keep myself together the best ways I can.

"I'm going to get out of bed every morning, breathe in and out all day long; and then after a while, I won't have to remind myself to get out of bed and breathe in and out and then after a while I won't have to think about how I had it great and perfect for a while"


Foods:
Organic Egg-75
Slice of whole Wheat toast-60
Coffee-150
2 slices of whole wheat bread-120
1 tblsp of natural pb-100
1 tsp of natural jam-25
Organic Apple-75
Whole Wheat Pancake-150
1/4 cup pure maple syrup-100
3 oz ham-80
2 organic eggs-150
coffee-75

Total- 1160 - Hey Connie how's them veggies today....OOPS! UGH.

***************************************************************************

on my drive home from the Gym I felt GREAT- I always Say there is NEVER a Work-out I regret. I ALWAYS FEEL BETTER!

Plus I chuckled in my mind because my 4:23 Marathon BROKE ME!! EPIC! This Ex-Morbidly Obese Woman is a 4:23 Marathoner!! Now I fight to return....STRONGER! Boston is still in my future ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment