Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 9, 2011

7 SLEEPS- 5K PR




OMG!! CAN'T BELIEVE IN LESS THAN 7 DAYS I'M RUNNING MARATHON #2!!!

Went to bed last night about midnight and slept till 6am....SLEEP! omg...slept like a baby! Thank God for my Bed!

Babysitter came and RunnerBoy and I took off for the AppleFest 5k Run. There was a 15k but because of taper we would keep this distance short!

I'm all bundled in my cute capri's and running jacket. Chilly yet blue sky start to this GORGEOUS Country Fall Run ♥ in the valley this is the PRIME spot to hold a fun run! The AppleFest is huge in our Area and is known as Apple Valley for all the apple farms and the crafters galore gather to sell their crafty goods.

Ran to the potty and then ran a 1/2 mile up the road to the start line. You can walk or take a shuttle. A shuttle? really people? lmao. I guess so for some. Good way to warm up my muscles.

Get to the start...never having run this before I GULP at the rolling hills I see at the start line. Here is the elevation chart! zoiks!
ok....not TERRIBLE...cause I've run the GOAT and that my friends is supa hilly! but none the less....remember I like flat aways for fast times, lmao.

whatever!





I was running naked today. Don had the watch and I knew I'd run and push myself on how I felt. Giving it everything I had fully knowing I am still battling a smidge of this lung infection and sinus cold. Sure I was hacking up sticky lung pleghm this morning and blowing my nose but the secretions are CLEAR! I'm on the mend and this is not good for today but for MARATHON IN 7 DAYS! ZOOM!

Start off.....taking in mind the hills, I take my time. Not wanting to hit it hard, I fumble on hills with breathing if I run them in normal speedy pace. So likely it was a easier 8:30 mile for the first 3/4 mile till I hit it down hill and then there was another small incline up but I dug easily through that one with a fast speed.

Felt WONDERFUL despite some coughs and there was a few times when I felt like I wasn't breathing deep enough and couldn't catch enough air in my lungs so I purposely took HUGE DEEP BREATHS IN...AGAIN I think that's just the lung infection bugging me.

Mile 2 I'm hott....omg...the sun was crushing me in this dam jacket! I threw one arm out and ran for a while...chuckled at myself and pondered in my own dorky self if I could actually finish this race with one arm out the jacket and the other one in. lmao.
Only because my ipod was on the outside of my coat and I had to take it off and then put it back on. Oh dam it. that's what I did. I knew it slowed me down about 10-15 seconds because I was running with this dude for a while and he forged ahead while I fumbled with my jacket. Better to lose a few seconds then to battle heat exhaustion from the dam coat!

Mile 2.5 this chick forged up to me....where did chick come from?
She tried to get ahead of me....but I stayed with her. Then we came toward the finish and I tried to take her....she stayed up with me. I forced her to use her boom blaster button ;-p

oh lil stinker got me by 2 seconds....boom!

so we get done and this girl comes up to me and says "Great Finish" and I said "was that you running with me at the end" and she was like "yes, you pushed me" and I said "no...you pushed me" lmao. We pushed each other! I told her I was close to asking her age group so I didn't let her get ahead, hahaha, she said she was 22! I said I was 33 so we were good, lol. Poor princess gave a great run and even with her time placed 4th for her age group!

calves were so TIGHT after this run and when I had just finished and was still out of breath in these battered lungs....I started to cry...gosh darn it...I wanted to hit sub 24....dam you lungs! lol. I know it's not a huge deal. I'm fighting on finishing up from the lung infection, my runs this week are lacking cause of taper and etc. then I'm up a few lbs...I have countless excuses but none the less....what it truly comes down to....more training. I need more time. That's all. I need more time to work on breathing, turn-over and pushing myself more! I'll get there :)

Another PR and a second place win for my Age group!

24:10 7:47 per mile!
Overall= 35 out of 242
Age- 2 out of 33


Another PR for my RunnerBoy with a second place age group win for him 21:26 6:57 pace 13th place overall!!

Got my FIRST MEDAL AND I KISSED IT....*MUWAH*







Ok....so on a RUNNERS HIGH FROM MY AGE GROUP PLACE!! We spent alone time at the festival and ate our chicken dinner *WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER* ;-P

THEN MY RUNNERS HIGH CONTINUED AND THIS SONG CAME ON IN THE TRUCK AND GOT MY MOVE AND GROOVE ON IN RUNNERS BOY TRUCK AS I SHOWED MY HOT RUNNER GIRL MOVES TO THIS SONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUTWkFpv7As


bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!! I'M SEXY AND I KNOW IT!!!
BOY LOOK AT THAT BODY...I WORK OUT.......BWAHAHAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment