Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Down to Acapulco Bay

Well remember....my 'newest' injury was what I thought was muscle tear/ligament/tendon tear ....well it's not muscle and it's definitely a tendon or ligament.

Just behind the left knee and felt upon extension and flares up with ache upon consistent use.

I ran 4 miles today. First mile at 9:25 to warm up and then I stopped to stretch as I was feeling sore behind the knee. This actually flared the pain more as I ran.

So by mile 3 I was SAD AND MENTALLY TWEAKING as I was pissed off that out of fudging no-where I had to have a stupid injury. Not like I was doing something stupid, I was simply running and not crazy sprints or tough terrain, etc. Just simply running.

Over-Use Injury I get it. We all have an injury threshold and still learning as a 'new' *yes not even 2 years in as I reach 33 years old...I'm still new* I need to learn what works for me and what won't. I know for fact it was just too many consecutive days running and I just love it so much that I can't help myself, lol. Anyways.

Mile 3 I wanted to cry and instead what happened was Michael Buble came on into my ears. Wow, Music just SAVES me so much lately, why I love running with tunes! I'm such an emotional creature that I feed off the emotions of music and what it can provide to me in moments.

So JUST as "Fly with me" came on I found my first penny and I smiled BIG! You know me, I love my Running Money and I collect it all. So would you believe me when I say in the next 1/4 mile I found THREE more penny's! BOOM!

It was a sign...all four pennys, the song...it was just destiny telling me to slow down and that it will all be ok. So I smiled, I relaxed and I enjoyed the last mile and it was the best mile today!

I'm sad I likely wont run tmrw that is unless a miracle happens tonight.

So here's today's Running Song♥

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdyH3oR_Jwg

Come fly with me, let's float down to Peru
In Llama land, there's a one man band
And he'll toot his flute for you
Come fly with me, let's take off in the blue

Once I get you up there, where the air is rarefied
We'll just glide, starry eyed
Once I get you up there, I'll be holding you so near
You may hear the angels cheer because we're together

Weather-wise it's such a lovely day
Just say the words and we'll beat those birds down to Acapulco Bay
It's perfect for a flying honeymoon, they say
So come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away


Anyways.

Ran those 4 miles to the gym in 8:58 Pace and met up with Runnerboy, haven't seen in a couple days, he's been working alot, so he was finishing up his work-out so I did 10min on the elliptical, tried to run again for another 1/4 mile and NOPE ...OUCHIE! felt ok on the elliptical. Then I just threw a mat on the floor and in front of anyone (cause before I sure the hell would not throw my fat ass on the floor do anything in front of anybody..hello!) and did a series of ab crunches and stretches. Then I hit up 4min of constant ab crunching. Then hit up the weight room with Runner boy and did arm work-out till burn-out. Then over to the Nautilus for arm pull downs (up to 90lbs now!! x 10) then obliques, lower back, abs and then one more set of various arm routines.

This is me tonight...Icing my tendon, relaxing in front of my schoolwork where I pop open Chapter 9 of the Criminal Justice Administrations Text Book to Motivation and Morale, BOOM LMAO! oH c'mon I need it right now... hahaha, nah I'm good, I feel confident that his just a minor hiccup and just need to rest.

Now If I come back and show you another picture of a bruised forehead that's just because right now LIFE IS SO BUSY! I have so many personal things going on and it all comes to a climatic reach in the next 6 weeks! School started yesterday, my daughter goes to school next week and there has planning/organizing up the wazoo for that, I have a tenant moving out so I have a to-do list ten pages long for dealing with all my landlord stuff, peaking with my Marathon schedule where I have expectations to peak at 45-50 mile weeks *if this dam injury goes away!!* and well so much more but I'll spare you ;-p

Here is my sexy ass on my ass...icing the leg eating my 100 calorie cup of air popped popcorn, 4 dark chocolate kisses at just over 100cals and doing what I'll be doing every night for 3-5 hrs for the next 3 months SCHOOLWORK......ZOIKS! GOD SPEED, HOLD ON TIGHT CONNIE...WE ARE GETTING READY FOR A BIG RIDE!




My foods today:

Breakfast:
1/2 cup of egg whites
slice of wheat bread
1 tsp of whipped natural balance spread
sugar/non fat half in half

Lunch: Coffee with fixings, Peach (no appetite today)

Snack Post run: Banana

Dinner: Chicken Avocado sandwich, cucumber and 2tbls of lowfat ranch dressing

snack: popcorn/dark chocolate

Total Cals: 850 which sounds low but I feel full and I have no appetite and I just sorta listened to my body today.

1 comment:

  1. Your injury sounds similar to something I only get when I swim. It's right behind the knee and stops you from taking a full step? You feel as if you have to walk on tip-toe? I put it down to overdoing it too, when I get in the pool I just keep doing laps. Trouble is I don't swim often enough and when I get out it hurts! I don't notice the pain in the pool, just when I put weight on my leg.

    Get fit soon babe x

    ReplyDelete