Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

ApplePickingRestDay


Yesterday I thought maybe I'd run. But as the day progressed and I listened, my foot and my right Achilles sore from the 1/2 marathon hill run and a subsequent 6 miler did me in for a good rest day!

So what I opted to do is hit up the local Apple Farm with my Peeps.

It was a great afternoon and I'm excited to hit up the local farm at just twenty cents a pound you just can't go wrong with apple picking for quality family time and good financial investment in your health.

I bought a 5lb bag of apples the other day at the store and it was 4.00 and not organic. They have been out of organic apples for months and I've been craving them badly an I avoided buying the non-organic as apples are factually one of the highest concentrated pesticide ridden fruit on the market. I always peel the skin to at least help a 'little' bit which I hate doing cause the skin is one of best parts packed with nutrients/fiber.

Anyways, I was just excited to back to eating this healthy fruit as the kids and I have missed them very much.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away?

sure thing! just 65 calories and loaded with natural sweetness which I never mind the natural sugar of any food despite my insulin resistance.

Vitamin C, B6, folate with traces of more vitamins and minerals, what a great way to treat yourself and your body.

What I'll be doing in the days to come is some apple recipes and some ways I'll use up all $12 dollars in apples, lol.

Here we are picking! You get to see me cleaned up and enjoying one of the last of the warmer days of the year and the dress gets put away into the summer clothes bin for storage in the coming week or so! But Yay to Fall~♥





Oh and my food for yesterday:

1/2 cup of egg whites, slice of whole wheat bread/healthy spread
coffee/sugar/fat free half in half

apple
banana

1oz of salmon mixed with tblsp of lowfat may on 2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread

dinner: 2 slices of pizza...yes our family eats pizza once in a while not made from home ;-) Portion Control...that's all *wink*

snack: chobani, dry cereal, dark chocolate

probably around a 1800-2000 calorie day which is what I like on rest day for recovery :)

No comments:

Post a Comment