Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm Moving On


Awe♥ I am so Proud of my friend Tiffany, Although I've never met her in person I know her very well and for 6 years now through the Internet, she is a real friend to me. She ran super long and hard today and is doing a run/walk interval for her first half marathon and is working hard to lose weight too! I am so proud of her.

Just like I'm so proud of any new runner too, out there running and overcoming the obstacles, both physical and mental.

I am an INCREDIBLY emotional being. I just am. I attach incredibly easy and I love very strong to the point of my own detriment. My expectations of myself as well as others is real. I try to be realistic about them and for myself I can handle when I fumble but when someone else does that to me, I am both baffled and hurt but with all things in life and whatever your 'story' we all need to learn and move on.

When I was overcoming obesity and learning to run there was an Emotional Rascal Flatts song that I dedicated to my journey and Tiffany heard this and it has moved her enough to put it on her play list and reminds her of moving forward in her life. With her weight loss, her journey into running and being healthy. About becoming the person she wants to be. Just like you venture to become the person you want to be too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1bxlDAjGCo

I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons
Finally content with a past I regret
I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness
For once I'm at peace with myself
I've been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long
I'm movin' on
At last I can see life has been patiently waiting for me
And I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone
There comes a time in everyone's life
When all you can see are the years passing by
And I have made up my mind that those days are gone

***********************************************************************

Moving on is not easy. I thought I mastered that skill well. Sometimes something more powerful than you ever expected sweeps you off your feet and carries you away. I found my life jacket(myself) and I've saving myself again.

It's never going to be what another person can do for you. But what you need to do for you. Never let someone have that much control of your heart....your soul...your happiness...your ability to breathe in and out with peace in your heart. Take it back, move on.

********************************************************************

Today I feel the 'twinge' in my leg. Happy it does not feel like a 'tear' anymore.
I flex and stretch and I feel 'it' but it's not painful and I can touch it today and push on it and I don't cringe.

I'm healing!!

The gym was closed today as I bundled the kids and planned to hit the gym. Duh...holiday weekend Connie!

So I took the kids to the local playground, they played and we played. Ran the soccer ball around and let the humidity crush my ten minutes of cardio. I was that 32 year grown a$$ woman in the field in full running gear running around trying to get a sweat on, lol. It worked and to breath deeply felt good!

Came home and did an arm & ab burnout for 25min and then did another fun cardio where i could see how fast I could clean my castle. So in 20 min I was able to wash counters, sweep the entire house, vacuum entire house, main foyer, sweep stairs, dust. lol. FUN! Now it's done!

I will see what tmrw brings for a run, but all that's on my mind is feeling well enough to run 20miles on Monday for my Birthday :) It's suppose to rain and only be 70' degrees but that sounds ok to me! Just as long as I'm running!

No comments:

Post a Comment