Total Pageviews

Friday, March 2, 2012

LunarGlides Test Run

Yesterday I rested with fitness and the only muscle I worked was my brain- a solid 4 hrs 5 hours on campus working on Algebra *Yay* lol ....Written so Sarcastically!

Then It was Shopping where I bought some new weight lifting gloves and new Runners. I'll move onto that in a minute.

Foods Yesterday: 2 egg whites, slice of whole wheat, coffee, carrots, cucumber, grapes, almonds, slice of whole wheat with natural pb and natural jam. Dinner was out again- grilled chicken on ciabatta bread and broccoli. I had 4 bites of my daughters ice cream sundae and then a small serving of milk chocolate almond m&m's and I'll admit- milk chocolate just does NOTHING for me anymore! LUV my Dark Chocolate!

So I purchased a new trainer. I have been in Nike Structure Triax since I started Running. I over pronate. I use http://www.fleetfeetsyracuse.com/ To analyze my stride and check for alignment while I test out shoes. They measure you- watch you run and they bring you shoes that will likely suit your needs. I tried on 4 pair - Mizuno, Sauconys, a couple of new balance and came back to Nike. Fleet Feet is like many other running stores across America- they will do this for free and the return policy on their shoes is unbeatable. if at any point *within reason* they will allow you to bring back your shoe and try something new!

I switching shoes because I am really believe in my core there has to be a way to correct my alignment problem with my right leg. Last Year I spent alot of time complaining of right leg hamstring tightness- the starts to Right ITB Tightness - Beyond just Stretching- I would like to at least try to get to the root of the problem by correcting it. I have been looking alot at my running pictures. It shows me how well my Nike Structures have been working. They correct me so well that I believe that they throw me 'out' too much and then I need to roll back in to throw off the toes- so I get alot more tibial rotation and that mis-alignment showed itself on the MRI in October. I was looking for support but not as much as the Structure. Really Hoping this Shoe is a Success for me. What is Great as Well- sticking to Nike is Nice because I have a Nike Outlet Close to me and can get some LunarGlides cheap! Ok, Cheaper than!

So I ran 30min training run today. I felt really Great. I always do best after a day off- happy to run- body always feeling super energetic and I never waivered an ounce and had so much to give but I wanted to hold it a Great Pace without running 5k pace or faster just because I Just did hills 2 days ago. My Right Quad is Happy - a little poke and it's tiney bit sore by the knee but Not Nearly how it felt the last few days. The shoe is narrow- the Upper cross brace on this shoe dug into the top of my right foot a little bit. But this is common with alot of shoes- I am very boney mid foot on the right. The shoe has good cushion- more so than the Structure Triax. It actually weighs lighter with each shoe around 9.6 each were my triax were 10.4. Certainly not a competition shoe but still hoping great durability as a trainer to see me through the next 500 miles and maybe into Marathon? I am curious how they hold up. I am curious on how the leg/knee/ITB feel after I get some more miles on them. Right now my leg feels ok :)

After the Run which was 3.8 miles in 30min 7:51 pace I went down stairs and worked a super set on the weights. It was my first attempt at them and I don't mind sharing- I was aiming for set of 10 but only did 8 sets but that's fine- still almost a solid 35-40min nonstop in the weight room!

20lbs - bicep curls rep of 10 each arm
15lb - tricep throwback rep of 10 each arm
40lb- bent over row rep of 8
10 pushups

*repeat* but only 8x ( I want to go 10 but I'll be honest- I had muscle left but I noticed my form on my triceps getting sloppy- )

then I went into cybex:
110lb pull downs just for one set
110lb row for just one set.
70lb oblique rep of 10 rotation on each oblique

Foods:
slice of whole wheat
tsp natural pb
Coffee

slice of whole wheat
tblsp natural pb
tsp natural jam

chicken breast
1 cup of whole wheat pasta
1/2 cup of organic tomato sauce
Organic Garlic Loaf
tsp natures balance spread

Snack:
Indiana Popcorn
Greek Yogurt

*really lacked veggies/fruits today- I hate seeing so much carbs - oh well it sorta happened*
Still healthy eating and good portions for me-

No comments:

Post a Comment