Total Pageviews

Friday, February 17, 2012

Meet Tosha CalorieCountingRunnerGirl Success

Meet Tosha ♥ She is a CalorieCountingRunnerGirl that has lost over 65lbs through Calorie Counting & Running !!

My name is NaTosha Bernard and I started my weight loss journey April 2009. I actually started the morning of my 33rd birthday. When I started I weighed in at 193 lbs and I was miserable. I am 5’2 and carrying around that weight on a small framed body was rough. I started out with a support group and then as time went on, the group became nonexistent but I continued on my own. I started counting calories and exercising 6 days a week. At the time, I was doing Leslie Sansone Walk at Home dvds and then I incorporated some strength training in using arm bands and hand weights.

After I lost within that first year, I bumped my endurance up and started doing aerobics classes. I went to boot camp, kickboxing, body blast, military fit and even tried Zumba. There I started lifting more weights, used weighted body bars, exercise balls and resistance bands.

I didn’t start running until February 2011 and that is when I ran my first mile ever. I ran some in my aerobics classes but never distance. That first mile was a milestone for me because I’ve always wanted to run. So once I completed that, I’ve ran ever since. I completed my first 5k in April 2011, 10k May 2011 and ran my first half marathon November 19, 2011 (that is my wedding anniversaryJ). I am getting ready to run another half marathon in VA Beach next month in March.

After all of that I can say that I am 65lbs lighter and I am loving life and addicted to exercising, running and eating healthy. I became a positive influence to my family as well and that is such a wonderful feeling. I have a 12 year old daughter and I want to set a good example for her and so far she is my biggest cheerleader and she is getting to the point where she is into fitness and that is such a blessing.

I can say that I am utterly blessed with my health and the will power to stick through it. You get out of it what you put into it. That is my saying J

Thank you for allowing me to share my story. Be blessed and take care.

Happy running to ya!!!!!
~Tosha


2 comments:

  1. <3!!!!!!!! I love REAL women putting in hard work and getting the results they deserve! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud to be able to see and share in Tosha's success! She is a real inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete