Total Pageviews

Friday, November 9, 2012

Fueling on Faith Not Food Series #1


Mathew 11:28-29
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.


How often do you find yourself feeling weary (as you hunger emotionally?) I think weary is a great adjective to describe all sorts of emotions.  If you know you are hungry emotionally I want to teach you to become hungry "spiritually" instead! One of the greatest things I love to coach is how to handle our emotions. I've always suggested to my girls meditate, take a hot bath or shower, read a good book, go for a walk, listen to appealing music, chew gum, find healthier low calorie alternatives etc to treat emotional eating & binge eating. Now I can offer the greatest coping strategy of all; turning it over to God! Get out a Great Book is Right~ our Bible!

Jesus said he would give you rest! What you need to do instead of going toward the food to fuel your emotions you need to find a quiet a place and fuel your spirituality with the Lord Jesus Christ. Pray to God and he will help you lift your wariness and  burdens. Our Lord can calm you with his everlasting presence. You just got to take the time and you have to ask for it. Ask & you Shall Receive.

Isaiah 40-31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


 Learning to fuel your spirituality instead of your body when you are emotionally hungry will help you grow toward our Lord. He will renew our Strength. Your hunger will subside and you will gain spiritual fueling from God. He will fill your body with fuel and you will have strength (just like Isaiah said .......to run and not grow weary....to walk and not be faint)

John 4:34
“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

What will Your Fuel Be?



Nourished on the Truths of the Faith ♥
~CCRG

No comments:

Post a Comment