Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 16, 2012

UltraMarathonMan - Dean Karnazes Book Review

It took me 6 weeks and lots of DEDICATION to find the time to get through this book in my very busy life. 3 very young children that see Mommy Read I had to find moments of quiet, moments of reading sometimes just ten pages at a time! Sometimes that was in quiet after along day- on the beach- skip away at the family picnic!


I couldn't help but feel frustrated because I wanted to read this book in it's entirety the moment I read the first chapter, but I finally made it through! Inspired indeed! What I take away just for me is the Inspiration to start gearing up for my Next Marathon and to push through my pain - seek my adventure and keep enjoying my passion! Thank You!

Dear Dean,

You Captured my interest from the first chapter. I found myself smiling, laughing often. I found myself crying at moments and my heart suspended in beat when I read of hardships of the soul. You inspire me and that's not by the endless limits of your amazing running legs ((it's that perfect gait right? lol ) but because you tap into everything single reason every runners loves the open road or trail. You inspire all those that feel defined by boundaries. You provide that source of inspiration that you can push beyond every imaginable mile.

You are Human, you show us that. You are NOT a super Running Freak- you are so full of emotion and tenderly mile after mile reach out for adventure seeking  reprieve from the mundane ins and outs of structure normal life. Your adventures spur the desires of all those sitting on the couch. You provide every runner that feeling that they too can move well beyond their legs and learn to run with their heart!

All the while I began to wonder if you just do it for the Greasy Pizza, cheesecake.........?  LOL- I totally respect your dedication to your healthy eating in your normal daily life and if I was out on the road I'd eat some pizza and cheesecake too!

The beautiful adventure goes well beyond just YOU and found a beautiful way to connect with your family- you have given back and have run for a purpose much larger than yourself. That is so Amazing and I adore you for that!

Hope to you Meet you one day at at expo or something
CCRG~


SEXY ULTRARUNNERBOY  :)

You can Buy your Copy of UltraMarathonMan Here

Find Dean Here:






My Favorite Quotes that Inspired me!



I run because long after my footprints fade away, maybe I will have inspired a few to reject the easy path, hit the trails, put one foot in front of the others, and come to the same conclusion I did: I run because always take me where I want to go.


"If we could just free ourselves from our perceived limitations and tap into our internal fire, the possibilities are endless"


" I thrived on the raw intensity of the this moment. Beneath the feelings of hope-lessness and despair, never have I felt so alive, despite- or perhaps because of--the pain."


"It's supposed to hurt like hell"


No comments:

Post a Comment