Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Healthy Homemade doughnuts - clean & gluten free doughnuts

I love a great challenge and recipe rehabs is my way of living cleaner and healthier lives. Avoiding processed foods loaded with bad fats and excess sugars is my goal not only for myself but for my little family as well. (And I love taking you with me!)

There are probably a million ways to create a light, fluffy doughnut that blows this recipe away, if you are looking to replicate an unhealthy doughnut I'm sure you'll have and adventure on your hands for sure. The great news about eating healty and clean is accepting that not every food must taste like the sugar, salt, unhealthy fat loaded foods that our modern taste buds are used too!

What a great fun, tasty alternative treat for you or your family ♥

Ingredients:
2 Cups of Garbonzo Bean Flour
1 tblsp apple cider vinegar
6 tblsp of coconut oil
1 1/2 cups of lowfat milk (or water if you are dairy free)
1 tblsp vanilla
1 tblsp baking powder
2/3 cups of sugar


Mix dry ingredients and then add in wet ingredients. Mix and pour into battered doughnut pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until doughnut appears set/firm.

For a topping you can use whip together 1/4 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar and tblsp of water to get to the right texture and dip the doughnut and then top with all natural coconut flakes or even crushed peanuts. You could melt chocolate and add sprinkles too! The ideas to top are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment