Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

When you feel like God has Forsaken you





Do you ever feel like God has forsaken you? That he has gone far from your cry for help and reprieve from the burdens and heart ache?

You are NOT the only one!

David wrote prophetically about Jesus in
Psalm 22:1
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
 
 
If you have ever wondered why Jesus the living God would say such a thing on the cross? I did too for a long time. Today God revealed the answer to me and I'd love to share!
 
Jesus was feeling the weight and burden of the world. He was carrying the sins of the world (before, during and now!) It was during his darkest moment, enduring the hardest hour that he felt most alone. Is that not how we all feel? We feel like we can function one more second. We feel like we are all alone. Some of my Christian Friends will say "never" and I say "But Even Jesus did, that makes my experience no more or less than his." He is our living example of what we would experience here on Earth. There would never be an emotion or experience that we don't all go through in the flesh. He would experience it all.
 
Do you believe that God forsaked Jesus in his deepest hour? At first I thought he had, after all Jesus was confessing it. What Jesus was confessing was a human feeling. He was sharing the burdens of his physical self dying, he was confessing his spiritual strength waning. Jesus fully flesh and fully God still felt left alone.  However, he never was "fully forsaked". In Isaiah 54, the Lord our God says
 
"For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee" For those small moments in time when you feel that feeling, God is right there to redeem and give Great Mercy! Look what he did to Jesus! If in that last hour he "felt" forsaken, God would come through our Hero and grant great mercy! Jesus would rise again! Won't we all if we fully trust in the Lord when we feel like we are in the last hour?
 
 
If you are feeling forsaken, trust that it's likely either an illusion of the burdens of your heart, soul and spirit, or that in this small moment God is working out a greater plan where he promises you so much! Those promises include: great mercy, everlasting kindness, no wrath, no rebuke, keep you far from oppression, walk without fear and the promise that NO weapon formed against you shall prosper!  (Isaiah 54)
 
 
"O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires"  In your deepest darkest hour, when all alone, you will never truly be forsaken, God is in the business of restoring, redeeming and giving you even Greater Things than you had ever imagined!
 
Praise You God, Thank You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment