Did you know Heart Disease is a Women's Number ONE Killer?
- Heart disease kills one in three woman each year (one woman every minute) **Did you know one in THIRTY ONE die of Cancer each year?**
- It affects each woman differently and not the same for woman as for men
- 90% of woman have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease
- Atherosclerosis a condition that develops when plaque builds up in the walls of the arteries- narrowing the passage way for blood flows - sometimes blood clots will form and stop the flow of the blood hence causing the heart attack or stroke.
- Women are somewhat more likely to experience shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting and back or jaw pain. Other symptoms women should look out for are dizziness, lightheaded or fainting, pain in the lower chest or upper abdomen and extreme fatigue.
- Heart disease is for men
- Breast Cancer is a bigger threat than heart disease
- If you fit, athletic, marathoner, tri-athlete that makes you exempt
- when you don't think you have symptoms
How to Prevent it
- Don't smoke
- Manage your blood sugar
- Get your blood pressure under control
- Lower your cholesterol
- Know your family history
- Stay active
- Lose weight
- Eat Healthy
I challenge you to eat Red foods and look into what great health benefits come from them! Share a red dish, show me a red dish you ate by posting a picture to my page your own facebook wall to share the news about heart disease and inspire others to make healthier choices for greater heart health!
Red Leaf Lettuce
|ONE GLASS OF RED WINE A DAY HELPS IN REDUCING YOUR RISK OF HEART DISESE!|