Weight Loss Quotes I Despise
- What you eat in private you wear in public- you and I both know this is NOT true! You can't truly see how a person eats (whether they eat twinkies all day or just overeat at every meal) no matter the quality of food- too much of it will pack on a the weight.
- Do not reward yourself with food; you're not a dog- As if to suggest if you did decide you were going to indulge then you would be "rewarding yourself like a dog?" bizarre mental concept. Don't let the weight loss feed you this lie. You are NOT a dog if you eat a treat in moderation!
- You are what you eat- so don't be fast, easy or cheap - This is another lie from the weight loss world that eating fast/easy/cheap food makes you those stereotypes in a bad manner. An apple is cheap, fast, easy and yet is so Healthy and Nutritional for you! Stop buying into this lie, it's insulting to every Great Naturally Given food out there! Food is actually supposed to be fast, easy and cheap!
- Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym - Eat less and lose weight, still doesn't create muscle! Totally Stupid! You can have the most solid core and have it be covered by just a few lbs of ab fat and they are hidden. Seeing abs and having abs are two different goals. For most of us, you'll never see the six pack although if you were making your core stronger it's there!
- You don't have to eat less, you have to eat right- Another lie that I hate, as if to suggest you can't gain weight from healthy food? Of course you can! Sure you can argue with me that dense veggies is not the same as olive oil while in the stomach- but both are equally healthy and important to our body. You don't just eat veggies! Even the healthiest of people have to eat less, especially runners when they excuse their "extra" food intake because they ran so much- truth is you don't need to eat back a large majority of what you think you just burned.
Weight Loss Quotes I love
- It took more than a day to put it on, it's going to take more than a day to take it off
- I can not change yesterday, but I can change today
- If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up
- The food you eat can either be the healthiest form of medicine or the slowest form of poison
- if you don't recognize an ingredient, neither will your body!
What About You? Do you find Cliché' Quotes that nag at you? Share them with me!