Total Pageviews

Friday, May 23, 2014

A Husband and Fathers Purpose and Way of Life

My husband is often moved by the Holy Spirit and writes beautiful notes, thoughts and often sermons about the word of God and how it applies to our lives. I really was excited to read something special he wrote yesterday. In it's simplicity is the beauty.
 
 
A Husband & Fathers Purpose and Way of Life
 
A mans purpose in life is to honor God and give HIM all the glory. We have to realize that all things come from God. He has blessed me with an amazing wife and three wonderful children. The way that I look at it, my wife is HIS wife and I need take care of and love her as Christ loves her. My children the same way in that they are God's children and it's my duty and privilege to love and take care of them because they were God's children before they were mine.  He has also blessed me with a wonderful job which I am truly thankful for.
 
God tells us (To Adam)  in Genesis 3:18-19  "Also thorns and thistles will it bring forth to you, and you will eat the herb of the field, By the sweat of your brow will you eat bread, until you return to the ground, for out of dust were you taken, for you are from dust and to dust you will return." God is telling Adam (us) that the free ride that he once had in the Garden of Eden is over and he will now have to work by the sweat of his brow to live. When we work hard God will bless our work.  Man should not be afraid to work hard for fear that it looks like you love money more than God. That might be true at for some people so it's always important to not judge the motives of others nor stop what others might think of you from doing what you know to be right and true for you and your family.  
 
The scriptures proves that God honors and blesses those that work hard but most importantly loves the one that is rich in Spirit and turns from evil and REVERES God.  In the book of Job 1:8-10 while Satan was there to accuse each man of their sin God himself asked Satan, have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the Earth, a perfect and upright man, one who reveres God and turns away from bad. This is from God himself. Ten in 1:9- in this passage Satan tells God 'have you not made a hedge about him and about his house and about all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work at his hands and his substance is increased in the land. That passage proves that Job was not simply rich by the work of his own hands, but rich because God blessed him for being perfect, upright, flees from evil and reveres HIM.  God blesses our hard work and all that we are able to do comes from and through him.
 
Jesus came and was crucified on the cross for our sins and to teach the many ways to live.  Jesus taught us that where we have sowed our seed there we will find our harvest. I sow my seeds (the work by the sweat of my brow) with God, my wife and children then there I will find a great harvest.
 
Saint Paul was a great example of working hard and not relying on others while doing the work of the Lord. He was very insistent on not being a burden to the Church (Jesus). 2 Thessalonians 3:8
 
 A man's work is worth his pay.  
 
Work hard and Jesus will give you rest. Matthew 11:28-38 "Come to Me and all those who work are burdened and I shall give you rest. You must immediately take my hoke upon you and you must now learn from me, because am gentle and humble in my heart, and you will find rest in your lives for my yoke is pleasant and my burden is insignificant."
 
Honor God, Love Him with all of your hearts, Give him all the Glory in your life and realize that everything comes from him. Work Hard and be blessed and always turn to Jesus for your rest.

 
Psalm 90:17
May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands.
 
 
 
 
~God Bless Your Brother in Christ
Donald
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment