Top 10 Reasons to Run Slow!
1) Slow Running builds your endurance while strengthening your musculoskeletal and cardio-respiratory systems
2) No matter how slow you go you will become more fit vs. not doing anything at all
3) Reduces your risk for injury - most especially when you are training for peak performance
4) Enhances your fat-burning ability
5) Improves blood flow to your muscles
6) Builds mental toughness
7) Builds slow twitch muscles needed for endurance running
8) Keeps Burn-out at Bay - Over training by running too fast can lead to burn-out which is a very serious condition.
9) Allows you to focus on starting and finishing the run feeling good vs going out too fast and not accomplishing your distance goal
10) Joy of Running when pace is comfortable- Remember why you are Running for JOY & PEACE!
45-60 Seconds slower than Race Pace for Long Runs
(If not a little bit more depending on how your body feels)