Auburn LEAH Chapter Leaders:
David & Amy Carlson-
Donald & Connie York (Co-leaders)
Thinking About Home Schooling? Go to the Leah Website for lots of information to get you started!
Why Join your Local Chapter?• Field trips
•Information on local events for home school students
•Networking with like minded parents
•Access to Early Morning Stars Cooperatively Learning Group
As part of your Membership with the State Organization
PurposeThis is a Christian Based Organization; however you can join the Local Auburn Chapter without a confession of Faith with the understanding that other members may not hide theirs and the organization will run by the standards of their Faith. Our prayer is that All Moms & Children have their home schooling needs met through our Group!
Loving Education At Home, Inc. is an organization of like-minded Christian home educators, dedicated to observing the biblical commands of Deuteronomy 6:4-9 , Proverbs 22:6 and Ephesians 6:4. LEAH began in 1983 with five Christian families seeking support and fellowship. It grew into a statewide not-for-profit ministry providing support through a network of local chapters.
Loving Education At Home is organized exclusively for the purpose of providing service and support to Christian home education support groups within New York State including but not limited to the following ways:
- By aiding in the creation and growth of Christian home education support groups through out New York State.
- By providing information regarding the legal climate of home education in New York State and in our nation.
- By encouraging home education families to seek appropriate legal counsel.
- By monitoring and advising the State Department of Education and other appropriate officials.
- By monitoring cases before family, state, and federal courts in this regard.
- By doing whatever is necessary to protect the future freedoms of home education in New York State and in our nation.
- By promoting the advantages of home education over alternative forms of education outside the home.
- By promoting sound, high quality home education programs by parents or legal guardians for the purpose of developing Christ like character, and which will satisfy the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and emotional growth needs of their children.
- By reviewing and disseminating home education materials and information considered vital to home educators, this serving as a resource to parents desiring to educate their children in the home.
- By publishing a state newsletter.
- By planning and conducting an annual state home education convention and other educational opportunities designed to provide information and training that will help parents and others involved with or interested in home education.
- By supporting accurate home education research and its publication.
- By instituting whatever other programs or services in the future as may be deemed necessary by the membership of this organization.